8. Upright Rows:
How to do it:
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with a grip that is slightly less than shoulder width.
- The dumbbells should be resting on top of your thighs. Your arms should be extended with a slight bend at the elbows and your back should be straight.
- This will be your starting position. Use your side shoulders to lift the dumbbells.
- The dumbbells should be close to the body as you move it up and the elbows should drive the motion.
- Continue to lift them until they nearly touch your chin.
- Tip: Your elbows should drive the motion. As you lift the dumbbells, your elbows should always be higher than your forearms.
- Also, keep your torso stationary and pause for a second at the top of the movement.
- Lower the dumbbells back down slowly to the starting position.
9. The Stomach Vacuum:
Stomach vacuum exercises are low-impact exercises that place greater emphasis on breathing instead of increasing your heart rate.
How To Do:
This is similar to what we call the cat stretch pose. This is also known as the four-point, transverse-abdominal stomach vacuum. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this exercise for reducing belly fat:
- Go down to the ground on all fours, supporting your body on your hands and knees.
- Inhale deeply and loosen your abdomen.
- As you exhale, tighten the abdomen muscles.
- Hold this position for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat the process.
10. Bridge Knee Lift:
The bridge knee lift is a useful exercise for toning the lower back, butt, hips, inner thighs and hip flexors. This is an amazing body toning workout that requires no equipment, and it shows fast results.
How to do it:
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet placed on the floor, directly beneath your knees.
- Keep your arms by your sides and lift up your hips and keep it aligned with your shoulders, lower back and knees.
- Keep your stomach muscles tightened at all times. Now, raise your right foot off the floor and pull the right knee close to your chest without dropping the hips.
- Lower the foot slowly to the floor in a controlled movement and then lift the left leg and pull the left knee towards your chest.
- Lift each leg 20 times; stopping in the middle if your lower back hurts.