6. Upright Rows:
How to do it:
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with a grip that is slightly less than shoulder width.
- The dumbbells should be resting on top of your thighs. Your arms should be extended with a slight bend at the elbows and your back should be straight.
- This will be your starting position. Use your side shoulders to lift the dumbbells.
- The dumbbells should be close to the body as you move it up and the elbows should drive the motion.
- Continue to lift them until they nearly touch your chin.
- Tip: Your elbows should drive the motion. As you lift the dumbbells, your elbows should always be higher than your forearms.
- Also, keep your torso stationary and pause for a second at the top of the movement.
- Lower the dumbbells back down slowly to the starting position.
7. Reverse Crunches:
Reverse crunches are a strength training exercise that helps to tone and tighten the muscles to reveal a defined belly once the fat is lost.
How to do:
- Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso with the palms on the floor.
- Your arms should be stationary for the entire exercise.
- Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor.
8. Plank with Lateral Arm Raise:
How to do it:
- Come into a straight-arm plank with hands below and in line with shoulders, feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Keeping hips as still as possible, lift one arm up to shoulder height.
- Return to center, then lift the other arm to shoulder height.
- Draw belly button up and in and keep your body centered. Do 10 reps each side.