It has been said many times before – big and lasting weight loss result from lifestyle changes – they include both changing your diet as well as increasing your activity level. Recent research has indicated that just by adopting new simple lifestyle habits, you can lose weight a lot more weight over the course of months and years, and sustain that weight loss for the long run.
Conclusion: Lifestyle changes is by far better for your body and far more effective than any fad weight loss programs.
An easy first step towards changing your lifestyle habits to aid weight loss is simply watching what you drink. A very simple rule you should keep in mind when choosing what to drink is – just avoid high calorie, sugary drinks including sodas and fruit juices – they are one of the main culprits to fast weight gain – yes, even the diet ones.
It has been said many times that the best drink to help you lose weight is water but that can get boring. So, here are 8 healthy drinks that have been proven effective to help you burn fat and lose weight while keeping you hydrated at the same time.
1. Green Tea
Green tea is a great health drink, known to help purify the body, protect it from cancer, and enhance skin health. Drinking three to five cups of green tea daily can help cause positive improvements in your health. Since green tea contains a large amount of antioxidants, it is one of the best diet and fitness drinks.
Green tea’s greatest benefit is “all about the catechin content.” Catechin is an antioxidant that fights and may even help prevent cell damage. Furthermore, research has shown that green tea can improve blood flow, reduce cholesterol, and help prevent a range of heart-related issues.Though research has not shown it to help people lose weight, drinking green tea instead of sugary drinks can help you build a healthy lifestyle. Just keep away from the honey and sugar.
2. Jillian Michael’s 7-Day Detox Water
Jillian Michael’s drink is one of most effective and popular drinks for weight loss in the USA and Europe. Over a million people have tested it and proved that it can be effective at reducing excess water weight and bloat. Women who have drank this 7 days straight have reportedly loss 5 to 8 pounds over the course of the week.
Detox Drink Recipe:
- 60 ounces of pure distilled water
- 1 tbsp pure, unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 pack dandelion root tea
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Boil 8 oz of the distilled water and steep the tea for at least 10 minutes. Discard the tea bag, mix all of the ingredients together, and drink the entire mixture every day for seven days. You will make a new batch each day. The goal is to drink 60 ounces of the concoction every day. See you weight fall off.
3. Ice Water
Did you know that water is one of the seven best drinks for burning fat? I didn’t think so. And while some diet items can be expensive or hard to find, this one should be available to most people.
Adding more ice water to your diet can help you lose weight in a number of ways:
- There is a theory that when you drink cold water, your body needs to burn calories in order to heat it up to digest it. While technically true, drinking even a large amount of cold water only helps your body burn a few extra calories.
- Drinking a glass of water before meals can help you fill up faster and feel more full. A UK study at the University of Birmingham showed that obese adults who drank 16 oz of water 30 minutes before eating a meal lost 9 pounds over the course of 12 weeks, more than those that did not drink any extra water.
- Many people reach for snacks out of boredom or thirst instead of hunger. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and see if you’re still hungry in 30 minutes.