What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a term for the formation of lumps and dimples in the skin.
Common names for cellulite are orange-peel skin, cottage-cheese skin, hail damage, and the mattress phenomenon.
Cellulite can affect both men and women, but it is more common in females, due to the different distributions of fat, muscle, and connective tissue.
Between 80 and 90 percent of women may experience cellulite at some point in their lives.
The only way to get rid of cellulite is to work it off. You can not get rid of cellulite by putting on creams or lotions. Cellulite is the hardest fat to get rid of because it is the closest to the skin and the largest type of fat cell however it can be done with the right anti cellulite workouts.
Exercises That Eliminate Cellulite on Thighs:
1. Side Step with Band:
How to do:
- Tie a resistance band around shins, then stand with feet wide enough to feel some tension in the band, knees bent about 45 degrees.
- Step right foot a few inches to right, followed by left foot.
- Take about 12 to 15 steps; switch directions. Repeat dead lift/side-step series.
2. Reverse Lunge:
How to do:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms at sides, holding a medium-weight dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge behind you with right foot, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- Hold for 1 count; return to start and repeat.
- Do 12 to 15 reps; switch legs.
3. Clockwork Lunges:
How to do:
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart, resting your hands on your hips for good support.
- Take a large step forward with your right leg and then bend down until your leg is at a 90 degree angle and your left knee is almost hitting the ground.
- Then push with your leg back up to a standing position.
- Next you’ll take a step to your right with your right foot.
- Bend the right knee to lower down and keep your left leg straight, then return to a starting position.
- Now take a step backwards with your right leg, lowering down until your left leg is in a 90 degree angle again.
- Now begin the same process with your left leg, working yourself around like a clock. This will get your butt and thighs burning in no time!