1. Acne-Busting Egg White Face Mask:
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of honey
Now let’s take a look at the benefit of each of the extra ingredients in this face mask:
Benefits of Ingredients:
It Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Also a wonderful moisturizer and skin-lightening agent.
2. Lemon juice:
It is an Powerful astringent that fights off acne-causing bacteria. Lightens skin and reduces discoloration.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and lemon juice until the mixture becomes frothy.
- The lemon juice masks the odour of the egg white. Add ½ teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores.
- Using clean hands or a cotton ball, apply the mixture onto your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your mouth and eyes.
- Relax yourself as you wait for the mixture to settle and dry on your face.
- You can lie down and breathe deeply, thinking happy thoughts!
- Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes. When the mixture has completely dried on your face, gently scrub it off using warm water, tackling all areas of your face in a circular motion.
- Pat dry with a towel and marvel at the smooth feel of your skin!
- When applying the mixture, work upwards from your chin to your cheeks and then to your forehead using a gentle circular motion.
- Avoid the sensitive areas around the eyes and mouth. The skin in those areas is drier and, if stretched by this tightening mask, can become wrinkled.
- This wonderful mask is very effective in getting rid of excess face oils. If you have dry skin, please refrain from using this drying and tightening face mask. Instead, try out an egg yolk face mask recipe.