It is always difficult to get rid of excess body fat, but it can be far more difficult if you’re trying to lose fat from your inner or outer thighs. The problem is more frustrating for women. The good thing is that you can perform some outer thigh exercises and tone up your thighs to some extent. Hormones, genetics and an unhealthy lifestyle are the top causes of fat accumulated in these areas.
Exercises to Reduce Outer Thigh Fat:
1. Air Cycling:
An effective way to lose fat from the thighs. Air cycling also takes care of your pelvic and knee joints.
How to do:
- Lie on your back and face the ceiling.
- Lift your legs up to 90 degrees.
- Start moving your legs as if you are cycling in the forward direction.
- Do this for 1 minute and then slowly put down your legs and relax.
- Move your legs up to 90 degrees and start air cycling in the backward direction for 1 minute.
- Repeat the set 5 times.
2. Leg Up:
This a good thigh exercise. It will help you shed fat from the lower body.
How to do:
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Keep your palms on the side facing the floor and relax.
- Lift both the legs at about a 30-degree angle from the ground.
- Hold for about five seconds. Slowly bring the legs down to the floor.
- Repeat this 10 times.