Double chin exercises can help you tone the muscles of your face and jaw, firm skin along the jaw line and get rid of excess fat to diminish your double chin. While losing weight can often go a long way towards helping to eliminate a double chin, not all people who have a double chin are overweight; sometimes, double chins are genetic. Whatever the cause of your double chin, these exercises can help reduce its size and improve its appearance.
Tips to Reduce Face Fat:
Following these simple tips along with the above-mentioned exercises can help in reducing flab from your face.
- Keep yourself hydrated. A bloated face might be a result of dehydration.
- Plan a diet low in fat and sugar and high in fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t forget to eat breakfast to boost up your metabolism for weight loss.
- Say no to alcohol and smoking.
- Keep yourself active and perform 30 minutes of physical activity on a daily basis.
- Don’t compromise on your eight hours of restful sleep.
Exercises to Reduce Double Chin:
1. The Chin Lift:
The chin lift stretches and tones the muscles of the jaw, neck and throat. To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
How to do it:
- Stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.
2. Jaw Release:
Get attractive, strong cheekbones and a prominent jaw line with the jaw release exercise, which is one of the most effective facial exercises for double chin reduction. It helps in stretching and working the muscles around the lips, jaws and cheeks.
How to do it:
- Start by sitting or standing in a straight posture and moving your jaw as if you are chewing while keeping your lips closed.
- Breathe in deeply and breathe out while humming. Next, open your mouth wide with your tongue pressed against your bottom teeth.
- Hold this posture for 5 seconds, now breath in and out again.
- This makes one repetition. Repeat this entire exercise 10 to 15 times at a stretch.