Saddlebags are defined as excess fat around the hips and thighs. It’s hard to describe saddlebags, but the easiest way to do it is.
Look at your hips from the back. Note the area below the hips and right under the butt cheeks. This is the area where saddlebags will be found. If the skin or fat protrudes outward, these are saddlebags – not curves. Unfortunately, this is a hard area of the body to get rid of fat, so it will take a lot of work on your part to actually start seeing results fast. If you want to get rid of saddlebags fast, it’s important to do exercises and change your diet.
1. Side Saddle Leg Lifts:
How to do it:
- Start on your side with your legs extended, flexing both feet. Place your top hand on the ground in front of your abs and your supporting arm under your head. Make sure your bottom leg stays extended for the whole duration of the series.
- Keeping the energy reaching out through your flexed heels, lift your top leg up about six to eight inches from the floor. From here, make tiny pulses upward 20 times. Holding your leg at the highest point of your lift, draw one-inch circles with your heel for 20 reps.
- Keeping your top leg lifted, bend and straighten your knee. Do this 20 times while not letting your thigh lower as you press through the heel to lengthen your top leg to the straightened position. For an even greater burn, finish this series with lifts in a bigger range of motion, taking the foot all the way toward the ceiling and back down, 10-20 times.
2. Bent-Knee Reverse Hip Raise:
How to do it:
- Lie face down on top of a Roman chair, an exercise step, or a sturdy bench so that your hipbones are on but your legs hang off and can move freely.
- Anchor onto the chair with your hands and arms if needed. Brace your core muscles, contract your butt, and lift both legs until they are straight and parallel with the floor.
- Keep your head and neck in alignment, resting it on the bench if necessary. Hold your legs in place, parallel to the floor, then bend your knees. Immediately straighten them .
- That’s one rep. Continue doing the movement for a total 20 reps. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat two more times for a total of three sets.