3. Rolling Figure Four:
- Sit on the roller and reach your right arm behind you, planting your right hand on the floor a few inches behind you.
- Cross your right ankle over your left knee in a figure four position.
- Slightly shift your weight to the right hip/glute area and roll back and forth a few inches in each direction for about 30 seconds.
- Spend another 30 seconds breathing as you roll in tiny circular movements.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Pigeon Pose:
This pose will get the blood flowing along the hips and pelvic region.
- Take your time with this it can be particularly hard on beginners. Concentrate on slowly getting comfortable with the stretch.
- Start on a mat. Fold your left leg on the ground beneath your hip (just as you would do in the classic yoga pose) and at the same time stretch out the right leg behind you.
- Rock back and forth in a slow deliberate manner to produce a good stretch. The further you lean, the deeper the stretch on this one.
- Repeat the routine on the other side.
5. Psoas Roll:
- Start face down on your forearms with the roller placed perpendicular under your left hip.
- Bend your left knee so that your heel is pointing toward the sky.
- Place your right inner knee and thigh parallel to the roller.
- Twist your body slightly to the right and roll up and down the front of your left hip, keeping your breath slow and smooth as you move.
- Do this 8 times on each side.