This pose stretches hips as well as the chest and abs.
- Begin lying face down on your mat with head slightly lifted and hand sitting directly under shoulders.
- Point your toes so the tops of you feet are on the mat.
- As you exhale, press arms straight and lift upper body and front of hips off the mat.
- Keep your legs and feet relaxed and on the ground.
- Keep your abdominal contracted and breathe slowly.
7. Butterfly Stretch:
- Sit on the floor in a classic yoga stretch with both knees spread out as wide as possible and both feet touching.
- Ensure you keep your spine straight; you can provide much needed support for your torso by placing your hands on the ground behind you.
- Move the knees in a flapping motion until you feel the muscles and joints loosening.
- Do the dynamic motion for about eight movements then hold the position at the tightest point of the stretch.
- Use your hands or elbows to push down on your thighs for 30 seconds.
8. Leg Lowers With Band:
- Sit on the floor and loop the middle of a resistance band under the sole of one foot, holding one end of each band in both hands.
- Lie back and lift both legs toward the ceiling, legs in-line with hips.
- While keeping both legs straight, slowly lower the leg without the band to the floor.
- Slowly lift the leg back up. Do 8 reps, keeping your core tight.
- Switch sides and repeat.