In order to look in the mirror and see an enviable hourglass frame with curves in all the right places, it’s crucial to not only target your waist but your hips as well. And flattening your stomach while carving out a defined mid line calls for working your entire core, butt, and thighs. This routine uses a variety of next-level planks that work muscles from head to toe as well as twisting action to shrink your waist.
How it works:
Three times a week, do each exercise back to back with no rest between. Perform the circuit 3 times, resting 30 seconds between circuits.
Total Time: up to 15 minutes
Simple Exercises To Get An Hour Glass Figure:
1. Triceps Dip March:
HOW TO DO:
- Sit on edge of step with hands just outside of hips, legs bent at about 90 degrees, feet flexed.
- Lift hips off the edge, pressing shoulders down, and walk feet out slightly further away from step.
- Bend elbows and lower hips as left thigh lifts to chest (knee stays bent at 90 degrees), keeping back close to the step.
- Extend arms and lower left leg to return to starting position. Do the prescribed number of reps, moving quickly and alternating legs each time.
- Make it easier by keeping feet closer to the step, harder by walking them further out.
- Sets: 3
- Reps: 15
2. GLUTE BRIDGE WITH TRICEPS EXTENSION:
HOW TO DO:
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie on your back, with your knees bent.
- Bend your elbows so the weights are positioned at either side of your head, palms facing your ears and elbows pointed up toward the ceiling.
- Simultaneously contract your glutes and raise your hips—so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees—while you extend your arms, so the weights are lined up with your chest.
- Return to start. 10 to 12 reps