If you want to burn Abdominal fat, there is no better way to go about this than by simple, hard work in the form of good, old-fashioned exercise. Belly fat is a more colloquial name for what is really abdominal obesity, or in a more clinical sense, central obesity. When your body accumulates a certain amount of belly fat, the resulting effect is seen in a swelling waist size, and consequently, the need to buy larger-size pants.
Since there is also a proven connection between the accumulation of belly fat and the morbidity involved with cardiovascular disease, you should really do everything in your power to burn off your central obesity before it becomes too much of an irreversible problem. Here are the 9 exercises targeted to burn off your Abdominal fat.
Effective Exercises To Reduce Abdominal Fat:
Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches, which occupy the number one position in fat-burning exercises. Now, it’s time that you start performing this exercise.
How To Do:
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree angle. (See picture).
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back down, and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
2. Reverse Crunches:
This is another exercise that will help you to easily get rid of stomach fat.
How To Do:
- Lie with your back on a mat. Raise your knees with the feet planted on the ground.
- Keep both the hands on either side of your body.
- Push your feet in such a way that your thighs are perpendicular to the ground and your feet are off the ground.
- Now lift your back such that your knees bend towards your chest.
- Inhale when you plant your feet on the ground and exhale when you lift your back and move your knees towards the chest.
- Repeat this for 10 times and for two more sets.
3. Twist Crunches:
This exercise routine is very similar to crunch exercise and here you will have to rotate your shoulder in the direction of the other shoulder.
How To Do:
- Lie down on the mat with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees and make sure that the feet do not touch the ground.
- Now move your upper body towards your knees like the crunch exercise. But, here you will have to make sure that you twist your right shoulder towards your left and the left torso must be on the ground.
- Repeat the same way on the other side. Here, you lift your left shoulder towards the right with the right torso resting on the ground.
- Repeat the same procedure for 10 to 12 times.