Although many people including both teenagers and adults suffer from acne problems all around the world, surprisingly only a handful know how exactly to deal with them. Applying homemade facial masks is one of the greatest ways to treat acne as they can be made at home easily and are purely natural and harmless for your skin.
So, here are some of the best homemade acne facial masks for successful acne treatment.
Natural Face Masks:
1. Banana Peel
- Wash your skin with cool water and a milk cleanser, then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Eat a banana then cut the peel into small pieces.
- Massage skin with the inside of the banana peel for 10 minutes.
- If a piece turns brown, discard it and start with a fresh piece.
- Wait 20 minutes for skin to absorb nutrients.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
Lemon can be applied in many ways to reduce acne. Lemon contains anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties which fight with the bacteria causing acne. The phytoncides, and vitamin P in lemon juice prevents the growth of bacteria. Lemon’s critic acid acts as chemical exfoliate which removes the dead cells and oil that clog pores resulting in infection.
- Wash your face with mild soap and warm water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to the affected areas.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, rinse it off with cool water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat the process daily before going to the bed.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, dilute lemon juice with water.
3. Honey And Turmeric For Pimples
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- Mix the honey and turmeric together to get a thick paste.
- Use this as a spot treatment or all over your face (increase quantities accordingly). Apply the paste on the pimple affected area.
- Leave it on for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse with water.