It seems like diet sabotage is everywhere you look this season. But it’s not just about sugary office treats and endless holiday party spreads; some of the most common Winter foods actually help, not hurt, your waistline. Want to know which ones? Read on for six fat-burning foods you should be eating this holiday season!
1. Dark Chocolate:
Your favorite indulgence actually includes two ingredients that are known to boost metabolism:
- caffeine and the antioxidant catechin.
- Just make sure you stick to a small square a day so the sugar and calories don’t outweigh dark chocolate’s fat-burning potential.
- Try this flourless chocolate cake to enjoy the benefits of this wintry food one serving is only 96 calories.
2. Sweet Potatoes:
- With their melt-in-your-mouth, sugary flesh, sweet potatoes are a healthy way to satisfy a carb craving.
- Sweet potatoes are a moderate source of calories but contain healthy carbs, like fiber, that help you lose weight.
- On top of that, some preliminary evidence indicates sweet potatoes have other compounds that might help your weight-loss goals.
- Cinnamon is a commonly used spice, but a number of studies have suggested that it can also aid in weight loss.
- Cinnamon can lower sugar levels in the blood which is essential for weight loss.
- You can add this amazing spice to your snacks, tea or coffee for a health boost.
- Eat a pear before a meal to help curb hunger.
- Ditch the peeler, though; most of the fruits beneficial fiber is in the skin.