8. Aerobic Exercises:
Along with strengthening and cardiovascular exercises, you need to do aerobic exercises to tone your hips and thigh muscles. These exercises help burn fat on your inner thighs and the rest of the body as well.
9. Wall sit:
Wall sit or wall squat is a simple body-weight exercise that will test the strength and endurance of your lower body. But be warned. This exercise works a little different than the typical body weight squats since you’re holding your body in a static position for a certain period of time.
How to do:
- To start, lean against the wall with your feet hip-width apart planted firmly on the ground.
- Your feet also should be about 2 feet away from the wall.Now brace your abs and slowly slide down the wall with your back pressed against the wall until your legs are bent at the 90 degree angle.
- This angle is very crucial because if your thighs are not parallel to the ground, your leg muscles will not get a workout.
- Knees should be directly above your ankles and your back should be touching the wall at all times. Hold this position for 20-60 seconds.
10. Jump rope:
Jump rope is not just a fun exercise, it also has great fitness benefits for grown-ups as well. Jumping rope workout is an excellent total-body exercise to condition and strengthen the heart, tone the arms, legs and core. It’s also a great cardio to shed some extra calories and fat.
How to do:
- To start, grab the handles with a comfortable grip.
- Turn the rope by turning your wrists in circular.
- Swing the rope over your head and jump as it passes your feet.
- You don’t have to jump high – just enough to clear the rope.
- Land evenly on both feet. Continue for one minute, then rest for one minute.