The active enzyme in papaya is papain which exfoliates the skin and removes dead cells. It replenishes skin cells and evens the skin tone. Moreover, papain enzyme inhibits tyrosinase enzyme that produces pigment on the face and account for more melanin production. You can make a papaya mask at home by mashing it and applying it on the face evenly. You can also add lemon juice if you wish.
5. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is replenished with a number of powerful antioxidants which makes it as a powerful dark spots remover. Regular application of this oil on the spots over a period of time reduces dark spots and also prevents it from coming back.
Buttermilk is also beneficial in getting rid of dark spots. Like lemon juice, it also helps fade blemishes and black spots but without causing burning sensation.
- Take four teaspoons of buttermilk.
- Add two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- Mix the two ingredients (both have excellent bleaching properties) and then apply.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Your vegetable drawer is another source of home remedies for black spots or dark patches. Potatoes can be applied in one of the two ways:
- Slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the black spots; leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.
- Some people have also had success using tomatoes to get rid of dark black spots within a few weeks.