4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar replenishes potassium and reduces sodium levels. It also balances the body’s pH level and prevents fluid retention.
- Mix 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink.
- Do this twice a day.
- Gradually work up to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar per glass.
Process 2: For Water Retention In Legs
Fill a small tub with equal quantities apple cider vinegar and water.
- Soak feet for 10-15 minutes.
- It also reduces foot odor.
Onions cleanse and detoxify the body and blood. It also prevents the stones formation in kidneys. Although it has many medicinal benefits If you eat this excessively will cause bad breath.
- Add chopped onion in 4 cups of water.
- Boil for few minutes.
- Add pinch of salt.
- Let it cool for few minutes and strain in another bowl
- Drink a cup of juice to cure water retention.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
A 2009 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine showed that dandelion has a diuretic effect. This makes dandelion a great solution for removing excess water from your body.
It is also loaded with potassium, which helps reduce sodium levels in the body. Moreover, being rich in magnesium, it is good for relieving per-menstrual bloating.
- Steep one teaspoon of dried dandelion herb in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea up to three times a day.
- You can also take dandelion tincture or supplements (500 mg one to three times a day).
Before starting any herbal remedy such as dandelion tea, make sure you consult your doctor as it may interfere with certain drugs.
7. Fennel Seeds
Studies have shown that fennel acts as a diuretic and helps increase sodium and water output from the kidneys. It also prevents the buildup of toxins in the body, aids digestion and relieves gas.
- Put one teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes, then strain it.
- Drink this tea three times a day until you see improvement.