You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they also make a cough remedy. Yes, carrots are a great ingredient that removes phlegm when combined with other ingredients (as shown below).
Carrot soup has long been a folk remedy for the cold and flu, but if you’re in a rush, you can also enjoy the vegetable as a cough syrup.
Most cough syrups contain artificial color, artificial flavor, and preservatives. This toxin-free remedy works just as well and tastes better than any cherry-flavored syrup.
Carrots are nutrient-dense, containing vitamins A, C, and K as well as high levels of potassium.
Experts have long known that vitamin A plays a role in infection and maintaining mucosal surfaces (like your lungs) by influencing certain subcategories of T cells and B cells and cytokines.
Vitamin C had a reputation for boosting the immune system.
Mix in a little honey for antiviral and antibacterial properties . Honey will also coat the throat, making your sore throat less sore and more easy to manage.
Adding a bit of ginger will also help reduce inflammation and ease the pain.
Carrot Cough Syrup
It’s actually quite sweet and easy to stomach!
- 1/2 kg of carrot
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and place into a small saucepan and add water until they are completely covered.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Once it’s boiling, add the ginger and boil until the carrots are soft.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl, do not throw away the water.
- Blend the carrots and ginger until smooth.
- When the water is lukewarm, add honey and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Add water to the mashed carrots and blend again until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How To Use
- Take 3-4 spoons of the syrup every day until you no longer experience coughing.
- The syrup should help to Cure Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs after a day or two of regular use.