How to do:
- Lie down flat on your back with your arms at your sides, palms pressing into the floor. You can place your hands under your pelvis if you feel the need to protect your lower back.
- Lift both your legs off the floor towards the ceiling, contracting the abs and pressing your lowers abs into the ground.
- Keeping your abs engaged and lower back on the ground, slowly lower your right leg until it’s a few inches above the floor. Then scissor your legs, lifting your right leg up while lowering your left leg. Continue alternating between your legs for 10 -12 reps per leg.
5. Side Saddle Leg Lifts:
How to do it:
- Start on your side with your legs extended, flexing both feet. Place your top hand on the ground in front of your abs and your supporting arm under your head. Make sure your bottom leg stays extended for the whole duration of the series.
- Keeping the energy reaching out through your flexed heels, lift your top leg up about six to eight inches from the floor. From here, make tiny pulses upward 20 times. Holding your leg at the highest point of your lift, draw one-inch circles with your heel for 20 reps.
- Keeping your top leg lifted, bend and straighten your knee. Do this 20 times while not letting your thigh lower as you press through the heel to lengthen your top leg to the straightened position. For an even greater burn, finish this series with lifts in a bigger range of motion, taking the foot all the way toward the ceiling and back down, 10-20 times.
6. Bent-Knee Reverse Hip Raise:
How to do it:
- Lie face down on top of a Roman chair, an exercise step, or a sturdy bench so that your hipbones are on but your legs hang off and can move freely.
- Anchor onto the chair with your hands and arms if needed. Brace your core muscles, contract your butt, and lift both legs until they are straight and parallel with the floor.
- Keep your head and neck in alignment, resting it on the bench if necessary. Hold your legs in place, parallel to the floor, then bend your knees. Immediately straighten them .
- That’s one rep. Continue doing the movement for a total 20 reps. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat two more times for a total of three sets.