Orange Peel Skin or Cellulite, not to be confused with Cellulitis (a bacterial infection of the skin), is the appearance of the skin in which fat is deposited in certain areas of the body, such as the stomach, thighs, hips and buttocks. Cellulite produces a dimpled or puckered look in these areas. Because of the difference in the structure of the connective tissue, fat and muscle in females, this appearance is more common in women than in men. About 90% of women show some sign of cellulite.
Many doctors believe this is a leading cause of cellulite formation in the body because of a high production of estrogen in postnatal women or women who are on birth control. When the body cannot dispose of the abundance of hormones, cellulite is the result. There has been no scientific proof for this claim, however.
Excessive dieting or over-eating, causing a change in the connective tissue structure.
As the skin ages, it becomes thinner, resulting in fat cells under the skin redistributing and giving an unsightly appearance.
Hereditary factors can contribute to a cellulite appearance due to the makeup of a person’s genes, according to some researchers.
Certain lifestyles can produce the appearance of cellulite, such as those with a high stress factor or those who continually eat toxic foods and foods low in nutrients. Some of the results of a poor diet include a bad circulatory system and retention of fluids, bringing on signs of cellulite. Lack of exercise can also lead to skin that shows signs of dimpling.
With smoking, connective tissue in the body is damaged, contributing to a dimpled-look in the skin.
Taking medications such as diuretics, diet and sleeping pills often encourage the body to retain water. When this is done the body cannot flush out toxins, so the cellulite-look settles in as a result.
Are There Any Solutions?
Getting rid of cellulite is a long but worthwhile process. Just being able to identify the causes of cellulite is a start. Losing weight is another step because with a decrease in body fat, the cellulite-look can be diminished. Below we provide, some best exercises to reduce your Orange Peel Thighs.
Best Exercises To Reduce Cellulite on Fatty Thighs:
1. Curtsy Lunge and Kick:
Curtsy lunges are my favorite kind of lunge because they work different muscles than a basic lunge. As with most lower body exercises, you’ll start with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
How to do:
- Step back into a curtsy move by stepping your right foot behind your left leg, while your left leg goes down into a squatting position.
- Hold this position for 3 seconds and then as step your right back up, kick it out to the side before repeating the move again.
- Do 15 reps on each leg, repeated three times.
2. Scissors Press:
How to do it:
- Tie an exercise band loosely just above your knees.
- Lie on your back with your arms down at your sides, and extend both legs straight up directly above your hips; your feet should be spread wide enough that the band is taut.
- Slowly open your legs as far as you can.
- Pause when the tension becomes too great to pull any farther, then slowly close back to the starting position.