4. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil contains ingredients that naturally condition your hair and also promote growth. It is rich in essential minerals and fat, iron, and potassium that prevent hair breakage. It also helps maintain scalp health and prevents issues such as dandruff.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, heat the coconut oil for a couple of seconds until it is slightly warm.
- Use your fingertips to massage the oil into your scalp.
- After massaging your scalp for about 15 minutes, work the oil into the rest of your hair and leave it on for an additional 30 minutes.
- Optionally, you could sleep with the oil in your hair and then wash it off in the morning.
- Rinse the oil out with shampoo.
5. Onion Juice:
While you may initially cringe at the idea of applying onion juice to your scalp – or any of your skin for that matter – consider that it is one of the best natural remedies for combating hair loss. Onions are packed full of sulfur which stimulates the production of collagen in your skin. Lack of collagen is one of the biggest causes of thinning hair so use below remedy to get thick hair.
- 1 large onion
- Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces.
- Use a food processor to puree the onion and then extract its juice using a cheesecloth.
- Massage the onion juice onto your scalp for about 5 minutes and then leave it on for an additional 10 minutes.
- Proceed to wash your hair as you normally would.
6. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes that help heal and repair dead skin cells. This helps stimulate hair growth from dormant hair follicles, increasing hair volume. Daily consumption of aloe vera juice is also recommended to help promote hair growth.
- 2 tsp aloe vera gel
- Extract about 2 teaspoons of gel from an aloe vera leaf. You can do this by slicing the leaf with a knife and simply scooping the gel out.
- Blend the gel so that it gets to a smooth consistency.
- Start massaging the gel into your scalp with your fingertips.
- After massaging your scalp for about 5 minutes with the gel, leave it on for an additional 25 minutes.
- Rinse it out with warm water.
7. Henna Leaves:
Henna seals the hair cuticle which, in turn, strengthens the hair shaft. It also balances the pH of the scalp and imparts a natural color onto your hair. The leaves also have conditioning properties, which soften your hair and make it more manageable.
- A bunch of fresh henna leaves
- 1 cup water
- Shower cap
- Grind the fresh henna leaves with some water until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp, working it in from the roots to the tips.
- Once your scalp and hair are completely covered in the mixture, leave it on for about 3 hours.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap during this time to avoid a mess.
- Proceed to wash your hair with shampoo and cool water.
8. Witch hazel:
If you have an oily scalp and a dandruff problem, witch hazel will help curb dandruff and unclog your pores. It will also remove the excess oil from your scalp. This remedy is perfect for people with oily and combination hair types.
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- A cotton pad
- Comb out your hair to get rid of any tangles.
- Dab witch hazel onto your scalp using a cotton pad.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash your hair as you normally would.