There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose and itchy throat.
It’s even worse when your sinuses swell up and cause headaches and pain.
This article will teach you two simple trick to get lasting sinus congestion relief.
How Sinuses Work:
According to Healthline, “a sinus infection occurs when your nasal cavities become swollen and inflamed”. This can be caused by a virus, the common cold, or allergic rhinitis, although there are many other causes.
About 37 million Americans experience sinus infections at least once each year.
You sinuses are located above and below your eyes and behind your nose. They’re lined with mucous membranes that respond to allergens and infection. When they become inflamed, you may feel dull pressure and pain in your head, ears, teeth, jaw, and cheeks.
When you have a sinus infection, your sinuses get clogged as the mucous thickens and the mucous membranes become inflamed. They may also fill with a green-yellow discharge. When this discharge flows into your throat, it can irritate this tissue. This explains the tickle or itchy feeling you feel in your throat when you have a cold.
How To Get Sinus Congestion Relief:
These two remedies will pack a double punch for quick, lasting relief.
- To stop a sinus headache in its tracks, push your tongue against the roof of your mouth as you press your thumb right between your eyebrows.
- Hold the pressure for 20 seconds. When you release, it will stimulate the vormer bone in your nasal cavity and cause it to vibrate. Immediately, your sinuses will drain into your nose and throat and give some relief.
- Repeat every hour or so as needed to treat sinus headaches and sinus pressure.
Drink this mixture to kill the bacteria or virus responsible for your sinus infection.
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tps. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Boil water and combine with apple cider vinegar.
- Add the honey and cayenne and stir.
- Lastly, add lemon juice.
- Drink multiple times a day until your sinuses clear up.
How It Works:
- Lemon reduces inflammation of the mucous membranes and boosts the immune system to fight off an infection on your own.
- Cayenne contains capsaicin, which thins mucus to help it drain out.
- Ginger kills bacteria and viruses to fight the cause of infection. It also soothes throat irritation and fights headaches.
- Lastly, ACV fights sinus and throat pain through its antimicrobial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties.