Yoga is one of oldest fitness forms, which dates back to many centuries. Now, this is considered as one of the best fitness form all over the world. If practised regularly, yoga can benefit a person in many ways. Most people who perform yoga have reaped many health benefits. Today, performing yoga is not only the simplest form of exercise, but also a great reliever of stress and fatigue.
If you have issues with your weight and want to reduce it easily and much faster, then yoga would be the ideal choice for you. There are many simple asanas that aid in losing weight much faster. The benefits of doing yoga are many like:
1. It is very light on the joints and hence the chances of getting injuries are very minimal.
2. After taking basic guidance from a professional trainer, you could perform these asanas from the comfort of your home.
Performing yoga is very easy and all that it requires is comfortable clothing and a yoga mat. Here are some of the asanas that you could do at your home to lose weight.
1. Baddha Konasana or the Butterfly Pose:
This asana is best suited to work your inner thighs. The asana helps to strengthen the spine, knees and lower back. It tones the muscles at the groins. Women who have menstrual discomfort can benefit from this yoga. It also aids in improving digestion.
1. Sit on your mat with legs stretched out in front of you.
2. Now, sit erect with your spine straight and legs bent at your knees, with the soles of your feet facing each other.
3. With the help of your hands pull your legs in such that the heels touch each other and they are as close to your pelvic bone as possible.
4. Do not exert yourself while doing this and do only to the extent you are capable of. With more practice, the flexibility will improve.
Caution: This asana must be avoided if you have injured knees.
2. Halsana or Plough Pose:
People who have bad posture and sit for long hours can benefit from this pose. The asana helps to tone the muscles of the buttocks. It strengthens the thighs and the shoulders. It stimulates the function of many organs in the body like thyroid glands, lungs and abdominal organs. Therefore the blood is circulated evenly throughout the body, regulates hormone levels and improves digestion.
1. Begin by lying on your back, with your feet flat on the floor and arms on your sides, palm facing downwards.
2. Now raise your legs from the hips. Use your hands to support your hips by placing them on either side of the hips.
3. Bending your legs at the hip, try to touch your toes to the floor behind your head. While doing so straighten your hands on the floor, with palm facing downwards.
4. Remain in this position for 10-30 seconds and then roll back slowly to the original.
Caution: Do not perform this asana, if you suffer from liver disorders, diarrhoea, hypertension or have had a history of a neck injury.